Custom permissions

philippos August 25, 2022
We have a requirement where we need to create custom permissions.
Example of permission:
A group can view an issue part of the project and the only edit action can do is to modify just a specific field but no other edit permissions.
If this is possible, can you point us to documentation on how is done?

2 answers

0 votes
RadulescuC August 26, 2022

I will bring a bit of context. 

Imagine I have a costume field called "State". This field has some options and two of them are draft and submitted. 

Now, I have a group that can create drafts, etc. They will have the permission of creating issues and edit issues. 

After the issue is moved to submitted they are not allowed anymore to bring any changes to that issue. 

From here I need to provide permission to that specific group taking into consideration the state of the issue. 

I am wondering if anyone has achieved this kind of implementation and how.

0 votes
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @philippos,

You can use the permission scheme and limit the default permissions under "issue permissions" for specific user roles/groups. With respect to editing fields, to prevent everyone from editing the fields, you can remove the fields from the "edit" screen and instead add them as needed only in the specific "transition screens" and add conditions to restrict the field edits based on user groups/project roles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

RadulescuC August 26, 2022

Thank you!

Like philippos likes this

Suggest an answer