Custom mail post function due Date not formatting correctly

Rene_Binder December 16, 2015

We use a script workflow function from Script Runner to send a custom mail which is working as expected. In the mail body we want to display the due Date with the right formatting. When using the preview button, the date is displayed but in the mail the field is empty.

Can you help me find what is wrong? I tried the following to achieve the expected result:

1.  $issue.dueDate
    1. Working in Preview = 2015-12-08 00:00:00.0
    2. Working in Mail = 2015-12-08 00:00:00.0
  2. ${issue.dueDate.format('MM.dd.yyyy')}

1. Working in Preview = 12.08.2015

2. Not Working in actual Mail = Field is empty

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Try using SimpeDateFormat class to format Date output

Rene_Binder December 16, 2015

Thanks for your reply. Could you provide an example on how to include SimpeDateFormat class? I'm fairly new with this kind of scripts.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

import this: import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; set disarable format like: SimpleDateFormat simpleDateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy.MM.dd"); use it simpleDateFormat.format(someValue); Detailed documentation you can get here: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

Like Max likes this
Rene_Binder January 17, 2016

I tried the suggested method, but it looks like it is not applicable in this case, since we use the scriptrunner pre-configure script workflow post-function "Send a custom E-Mail".

When I paste the import into any of the available fields it wills just display the pasted import text.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2016

If you have some code you should place all import statements on the top of code, before any useage, and then place code.

Namely it should get something like this

import ......

import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;

import..

//Declare the variable:

SimpleDateFormat simpleDateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy.MM.dd")

//and then call this variable to formate date where you need.

simpleDateFormat.format(someValue)

Like Max likes this
Rene_Binder January 18, 2016

According to the description of the "Email Template" and "Subject Template" field of the "Send a custom email" script this is not allowed. The description says: "Can be plain text or use the GStringTemplateEngine."

When I try your code the preview button produces the following output:

import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
//Declare the variable:
SimpleDateFormat simpleDateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy.MM.dd")
//and then call this variable to formate date where you need.
simpleDateFormat.format(2015-12-08 00:00:00.0)

For reference, I'm using the script described here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts

Suggest an answer