Custom filed drop down with colors- NO ADD ON PURCHASE

KRC September 7, 2017

Hi

How do i set up a custom field called Type with drop-down options as Red, Green Yellow. if users select red, ticket shows "Type: Red" as text and background color of the text in red and if user selects option two green, then it should say green and text background as green?

I used this html , but dropdown shhows with colored background, but i need that value to displayed as needed. how can i achieve this?

<html>
<body><select>
<option value="1" style="background:red">Red</option>
<option value="2" style="background:yellow">Yellow</option>
<option value="3" style="background:green">Green</option>
</select>
</body>
</html>

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi KRC,

Please see image attached. You need to set each option with a span and class set to aui-lozenge aui-lozenge-success/error/current, etc. Notice the single quotes and not double quotes.

lozenge-field.png

For future reference, the Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG) documentation is available at https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/lozenges.html

Thanks

Bhushan

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017
KRC September 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

KRC September 8, 2017

Is there a similar way to make custom date field stand out on the ticket by making it bold or adding color or something?

Rajat Sethi June 4, 2018

Thanks Bhushan!! This was really helpful. 

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2018

You are welcome @Rajat Sethi :)

Daniel Obst October 19, 2018

Does this work for Cloud Versions?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2018

@Daniel Obst no I have not tested this in Cloud and this may not work in Cloud. 

Nikki DuBois June 29, 2022

It does not appear to work in cloud. :(

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer