Custom fields smart value in automation

Daniel D_Alessandro May 6, 2022

Hi guys! 

What we need ?

We trying to replicate the form with custom fields in jira automation that sends e-mail with forms to single or multiple e-mails.

What we try ?

We trying to use several types of custom.fields  like:

{{issue.field name}}
{{issue."Complete name"}}

{{issue.fields.customfield_12493}}

{{issue.[“[IO] - field name”].name}}

{{issue.[“[IO] - field name”]}}

{{issue.fields."[IO] - field name".name}}

{{issue.fields."field name".name}}

{{issue.fields.field name.name}}

{{issue.fields.[IO] - Field name.name}}

{{issue."Complete name"}}

{{issue.fields.field name.name}}

{{issue.[[IO] - field name].12493}}

{{[IO] - field name.description}}

None os this working, someone can help me with ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel D_Alessandro May 9, 2022

Hi guys good day

We managed to make this work, we use this string:

{{issue.field_name}}

But if we use 

{{issue.field_name.description}} this wont work.

But thanks to all support i think the {{issue.field_name}} string will work for anyone.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2022

Hi @Daniel D_Alessandro 

When you have difficulty finding the exact smart values for your fields, this how-to article can help.  Essentially you use a browser tab to look at an example issue and see all fields.  https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Once you find the field's smart values, the field's type can influence how you access it.  For example, text fields just return the value, while other fields may return an ID value.  That same how-to will help find any attributes of the field, such as ID, name, etc.  When in doubt, please try {{issue.myFieldName.value}}

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Daniel D_Alessandro , can you share some screenshot of the automation? I will try to test it...

Suggest an answer