Custom fields showing numbers instead of text

rakhi July 19, 2012

All our custom fields showing numbers for the custom fields instead of text value. e.g field A has value ABCD but intead it is now showing 1234.

I created a new issue and the vlaues shows fine but all of a sudden existing values changed to numberic.

Any idea what is happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2012

Have you upgraded recently? What type of fields are the custom fields? What does your log file say? What version of Jira are you running?

rakhi July 19, 2012

Nic,

No I am doing an upgrade but thats all together a differeent server so this should not be impacted. They are all select list which are messedup.

we are using 4.1.2, they were fine until yesterday and all of a sudden it shows the numeric values.

Its only affecting the esiting issues, new ones I am creating are fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2012

I'm unclear on the upgrade comment - are you upgrading this installation or not? This has just started happening? Is there a chance you've accidentally pointed the upgrade you are doing at the database behind production?

On the rest - select lists, 4.1.2, good, and it's helpful that it's existing issues and new ones are ok.

One other question - the numbers you are getting, is there a pattern to them? Like mostly 5 digits, mostly starting with a 1?

0 votes
rakhi July 25, 2012

Thanks nic. we pointed another app server (upgraded) to production database and screwed the database. we are all good now. Thanks

Suggest an answer