Custom fields, screens etc.

Michał Szulda May 21, 2018

Hi All,

I am just trying to configure JIRA Service Desk project on cloud for using custom fields. There was no problem with creation of custom field but during some tests I realized that screens and fields configuration don't affect my projects. I mean that doesn't matter what changes was applied no result on the screens happened. Some example:
I have deleted all field from view screen but these field still can be viewed. In another test I have used different project with completly different field and screen schemes but I can use field which was not added to that.

Any ideas what can I do ? Maybe it is normal JIRA's behavior

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

About what fields are you talking?There special fields like summary, description, resolution etc which can not be hidden that easily.

Michał Szulda May 21, 2018

I was trying to delete all fields from some screen. Both special and not but the issue's view screen still looks the same.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

If you remove custom fields from the screen, they must disappear. If they did not, then you removed the fields from the wrong screen. Could you attach a screenshot?

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2018

Hi @Michał Szulda,

Actually, i was not understood what exactly trying to say but one thing i must say about the custom field and all that whenever we are created/updated custom filed to make the changes will happen we need to reindex the project in which we are using those custom fields.

Suggest an answer