Custom fields in a subscription e-mail

Deleted user January 27, 2013

I am not sure if this has already been answered or not so my apologies if it has, I just can't find it.

We have a number of filters that some executive subscribe to. So they get a subscription based e-mail on new issues. We are looking to add some custom fields to that e-mail but unlike the e-mail templates for standard issue updates the subscriptions seem to have their own format.

I read somewhere that the only way to do this is through recompiling part of the code around the subscriptions? Is this true? Is there any way to do this without recompiling code?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

If you add custom fields to the filter, as columns, you should see them in the mail. Is that not happening? Why add fields in the templates?

Deleted user January 27, 2013

Thanks. You triggerd what I was missing. My filter was too broad to cover my custom field. Even though I have an issue type specified I needed to filter it down to a project and it showed up.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events