Custom fields hidden on create screen

C Streic August 29, 2017

Hi,

I have created around 60 custom fields for a create issue screen. Today I had to re-create one custom field and named it like the field that I wanted to replace (unfortunately). After re-indexing an "unknown error" occurred in Jira and now, several custom fields are missing on my create screen. I checked the configuration of the missing fields and followed these instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-fields-or-system-fields-are-not-appearing-on-the-screen-163416168.html 

I can not locate the error. When I start an issue and click on "field configuration" -> "show all" the fields are there, but they do not appear in the custom field selection, where I can add them manually. 

Anybody ever experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Anytime you create/modify a new custom field in JIRA, it has to reindex to be able to see that field and use it properly.  The fact that you encountered some error while indexing is probably the key here.

I would recommend trying to reindex again.   You can try the background reindex first.   But if this problem persists after that, you might have to use the "Lock JIRA and rebuild index" option.  Please note that this will leave the entire JIRA instance unavailable to all users until this index has been rebuilt.  If you have a large environment with a lot of issues and a lot of custom fields, this process could take a long time to finish.   This lock and rebuild option should be able to fix this if you happen to have corrupted indexes for some reason.

Suggest an answer