Custom fields for a street address - Best practice? Plugin?

So we are all about doing more with less, and use JIRA for all sorts of strange things. We have a need to collect addresses as part of a larger process but am wondering if anyone has a trick or plugin they use for doing so?

Out of the box, it looks like we'll need to just make a field for each, which is kinda ugly and cumbersome in a number of ways both user facing and administratively:

Address 1: (text field)

Address 2: (text field)

City: (text field)

State: (select list)

Zip: (text field)

Phone: (text field)

Complicating this further, it's possible the need could arise and we'd need to collect more than 1 address on a ticket... which means we'll need to rename them to something unique, requiring a different prefix in front of each set of entries (such as Vendor or Customer).

Thoughts on how to do this cleaner? Am I overlooking a plugin someone could point me to perhaps? Each of the elements need to be required, so simply providing a text area and say 'Address 1' won't work.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

Closing this as unanswered.

I wish there was a clean way to do this, it's so unfriendly and bulky creating 6 fields.

one suggestion. You could just use a cust field of type unlimited text. But put some 'help' text directly in the box using javascript. It goes on the description of the field. The 'help' text would show the exact format that you need/want the address goes. It would really depend on your user community though to see if this would work. If they are the careful type of people then it would be ok.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,240 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot