Custom fields as component/s

Lecathelinais Eric September 29, 2017

Hi all,

When I create an issue, I would like to have the possibility to select one or several company (s) that would be affected by the problem.

Do you know if there is a way to have a custom field with the same comportment as "Component/s"

The administrators could change this custom field in the project settings (such as the Component/s field) to define a companies list.

Thus, the users could create new issues and could select one or several company (like component/s)

Thanks

Eric

4 answers

1 vote
Lecathelinais Eric October 2, 2017

Just I said a mistake, the plugin Project Specific Select Field works as I wish. The project administrator can manage the list of the companies (in the project settings) and the users can select one or more companies for one issue. So it works like the component/s field :).

This plugin is not free but I have the chance that my company had already bought it

https://bitbucket.org/hski/projectspecificselectfield-public/wiki/Home

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

No, the components field is the only one that's delegated content to project admins.  Atlassian are looking at allowing custom field options to be maintained though - 7.3 introduced workflow changes by project admins, and 7.4 did screens, so I suspect its on the way.

There is an add-on for project admin controlled fields in the marketplace if memory serves.

Thanks Nic,

Ok I will use the Project Specific Select Field plugin. We will not be able to select several companies but this is the solution the most suitable

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Thanks Cristian, I already saw this ticket ;) but as I said to Peter,  I would like to have an easy way for the PM to manage the companies list in the project settings (such as component/s)

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Eric, there's no way I know of the create a custom field and have it use the same items as the Component/s field does unless you create the custom field and manually add the items as with a select list.

There are plugin's which would allow you to create a DB connected field and that could work to pull in an external company names.  Check out nFeed for this.

-pd

I know we have already this plugin (nFeed) ... but I would like to have an easy way for the PM to manage the companies list in the project settings (such as component/s)

In all case, thanks Peter for your answer :)

Christophe Promé November 3, 2017

Hi Eric,

I am a Product Manager at Valiantys, the company behind nFeed.

There might be a solution with nFeed where your PM could manage the list of options:

• create a dedicated Issue type (i.e.: "Company") where the PM will list all options
  • restrict edit of issues of type "Company" to PMs
  • configure a multi value nfeed field to query data from your local Jira in JQL, restrict options to issues of the type created previously (Company) on the current project

That way, you have a multi value custom field, with specific options / per project configurable by your project admins!

If you need further help on the configuration of your nFeed fields, please raise a support request here: https://valiantys.atlassian.net

Cheers

Christophe

Suggest an answer