Custom field

kA September 29, 2013

hi guyz,

Please help me,

For eg if one screen shared by 10 project, in case we want to add one custom field to a particular project among the 10 project. If there is any possiblities to work out that one.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

you just associate the field to the project you want.

go to Admin->CustomFields->yourcustomfield->RightClick->Configure->EditConfiguration

select the project in the list Apply to issues under selected projects

<label for="global_false">
</label>

0 votes
kA September 29, 2013

ok jannu.

0 votes
kA September 29, 2013

hi jannu,

from your idea i think other 9 project also get the field if same screen shared among them. am i right?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

Though the field is present in all screens, it will not appear when user view those screens in other 9 projects. It will appear in only one project because you associated to this project only.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2013

all screens means the same screen in different projects

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2013

you can copy the existing screen and add the required fields to that and configure to required project

let me know on which screen you want add?

if that screen is configured for transtions then go to that transition on workflow and edit that transition and change the existing screen to new screen

if it is a create screen then go to screen scheme and change the screen to new one

check this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

Suggest an answer