Custom field with number form 1 to 100

Soeren Panduro September 17, 2012

Hi

I would like to add a custom field, where I can pick a number from 1 to 100.

I've added a custom field of the type: Select List but where do I put in the text (numbers)

Hope you can Help.

Thanks and best regards.

Søren P..

2 answers

1 vote
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

here is more step by step process:

if you have existing custom field:

1) go to the view customfield page (usually <URL>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa)

2) find your custom field, on the right you will see 4 operations, click on configure

3) click on "edit options" and then start typing 1-100 individually

if you want to create new field:

1) click "Add Custom Field" in View CustomFIeld page (see above)

2) Pick Select List

3) follow the next screens.

4) return the view customfield page and repeat the instructions above.

This of course is base off my current version 4.4.1. So it might change a bit depending on the version you are using.

HOpe this helps.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Custom fields--configure (cog icon)-->options :-)

Cheers Christian

Soeren Panduro September 17, 2012

Hi

If I follow you path I end up in the View Field Configuration, and there I can only click on edit, Hide, Required and screens.

Could You Be More Specific.

Br.

SOP

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2012

Hey,

you have to go to your custom fields page (not field configuration), tehre you have 4 columns, name, type, context and screens. on the far right side you have a cog symbol. Click on it and choose configure--> the find the options link, click on it and enter the numbers....

BTW, you can find all that in the official docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-Options

Suggest an answer