Custom field with filter names as values

Nikolay Nikolay October 18, 2012

Background:

We are managing a complex product composed from the results/artifacts of numerous projects in JIRA. In order to provide overview of what issues we do for the whole product, we aggregate issues from the projects using named filters (saved searches) expressed with JQL. A typical JQL expressions will select from a list of projects and list of targets in these projects.

Some filters we use for expressing what is in a particular release.

Some filter we use for expressing what is still open to do for the next release. We may have more than 1 releases (maintenance, major).

Goal:

We need to link issues to an aggregated view (filter). For example, we want to be able to click on a custom field value and go to the full list of issues in a particular release.

We have tried to express this with a custom field which lists versions, but these are only per project. Since we use filters to express the aggregate release target from all projects involved, we need to point to a filter.

Requirements:

- Select values for the custom field from the list of filter names.

- Possible to do multiple selection. (Optional)

- The viewing of the value on the ticket to be a link, which when clicked, executes the filter and gives the result.

Any idea/hints how to do that, or whether anything like that exists already? We do have good Java programmers, so if something like that does not exist, we can do it ourselves, but we could use some direction.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Sacco September 6, 2018

Hello Mohamed,

I am testing in my project (GSM) GIS service Management.  When I close (event) a service request, I want an email sent. Right now I have a role, a user and an email address set up to receive the email, but they are not getting any email.

Issue Closed
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team)
  • Single Email Address (agreco@heinekenusa.com)
  • Single User (sbhasin)

My goal is to do the following: When I close a request in JIRA an email will go out to our IT team (I have a group set up for that). 

0 votes
Nikolay Nikolay October 18, 2012

Not sure whether I selected the right labels for the question. please advize on that too, I can repost.

Suggest an answer