Custom field with default value to hide if not used

Deleted user November 20, 2013

I am trying to create multiple custom text fields in create/edit issue page that I can have a default value showing an example of how to fill the field in but if that field is not used, for the whole field to be hidden. At the moment it still shows the default value (example) if it isn't used.

Thanks

Hannah

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2013

In the field configuration you can setup what to display under the field so you can put it there

Do you mean in the description for the field as I wanted to be able to show the layout here if possible?

0 votes
Deleted user November 21, 2013

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2013

Yes.

Ok, it's not exactly what I wanted to do but I think I can work around it

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

You would need, if the field is not changed, to empty that field (in post function) in order to "hide" it. But I guess this is not possible in Jira OnDemand.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2013

By putting a default value the field is 'in use'

So there is no way around this? Is there a custom field that could do this/show an example?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events