Custom field value not visible in Issue navigator

bhanubp May 29, 2013

Despite adding this field in using ‘configure columns’ functionality we are unable to see this in our saved searches.

Note: Field is added on required screen(create, view ,edit etc).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

There are some workarounds for this here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30818

It looks like it is a bug...

More info here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9367

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013
bhanubp May 30, 2013

Ramiro, Thanks for you prompt response the issue is resolved by changing the context to all issues types..

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Hi, the problem is that your filter has only to include the issue types that have this field configured for them. If it's listed an issu type that don't has this issues then it won't be shown in the issue navigator.

Hope this helps!

bhanubp May 29, 2013

My filter contains the issue types which are holding the field value

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

If you are using v5.2.x can you select on the tool option on the Issue Navigator the option "Use my column order"

bhanubp May 29, 2013

I am using 5.2.7.. but i dont find option as you said.. under tools i could only see "all Issues" and "configure Column"

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

In my case this option is showed when I save the filter with my column configuration and then I select it from my filter list... It gives me the possibility to choose another column configuration or then one is used in the filter.

Docs here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Filters#UsingFilters-Managingotheruser'ssharedfilters

Almost in the bottom it explains what I'm saying...

bhanubp May 29, 2013

yes this may be the reason.. i could see Jira prompt for reindex. anyhow i will update you once the reindexing is done.. thanks for your prompt response

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Just in case try to do a reindex, always recommended when there are changes on customfields

bhanubp May 29, 2013

After couple of refresh without changing anything the field is visible now. but the full column shows as blank for all the issues. even though some of the issues contains the value. i am able to see when i right click on issue and view the issue.

bhanubp May 29, 2013

No luck after re-index.. Custom field is visible, but it's not showingup the values in it.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

From what I could read it sound familiar to me. We had a similar situation with two fields with the same name. One was in the filter but did not show the content of the one in the screen. Could you check if that field name is unique?

Suggest an answer