Custom field value not displaying within JQL query

Dean van Rooyen August 28, 2017

Hello,

I have added a new custom field called "Customer". I have a few values within this Customer custom field.

When creating a quick filter JQL query on a specific board, all values related to the "Customer" field display for selection except 1 value.

Any idea why the 1 value would not be available for selection but all others are there?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

It could be an indexing issue, if you reindex jira and then check again.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

Also, make sure all the values are mapped to the right project context. As in custom field you can have different set of values for different projects based on the context configuration.

Dean van Rooyen August 30, 2017

Hi Tarun,

Thank for the reply. I have performed a re-index and no luck.

Where can i see if values are mapped to the correct project? I use one Customer list across all projects

image.png

Dean van Rooyen August 30, 2017

Hi Tarun,

Found a workaround, the custom field value was named "A". Later on i renamed it to "AB". Items were still linked to this value.

I created a new value called "AB" which showed up on the JQL search, so all i did was bulk update all issues linked to the first "AB" and assigned it to the newly created "AB" value. Then deleted non feasible "AB" value from my custom field list 

:)

Tarun Sapra August 30, 2017

Good to know that it works now! 

Suggest an answer