Custom field validation based on issue type

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

Hello everyone!

I need to configure a workflow transition in such a way that if issue type is set to A then a custom field would be validated during a transition and if issue type is NOT set to A then no validation pops up. 

So far i've managed to solve this by creating two separate transitions with their conditions set up in such a way that they would only be shown to users if Issue type has a corresponding value.

But i wonder if this could be configured within a single transition.

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

You will need a plugin to implement it in a single transition, it's pretty straightforward.

Within in a single transition you can achieve this functionality using following plugins - you can use Script runner plugin or Automation plugin or JMWE plugin for achieving 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Some samples for validation scenarios using "Script runner" plugin - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.4/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html

For plugins go here - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ 

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Managed to achieve this using JMWE. 

Cheers for the advice!

Jessirel cubio July 25, 2019

Hi @Ivan Tovbin ,

Is it possible to share your config?

Thanks

Suggest an answer