Custom field to display list of issues

Pratima Gorla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2013

Hello,

I'm wrote a groovy script in the post function of the transition in a workflow.

Script is for running a JQL search, search is returning me list of issues. I want the list of issues to be displayed in a custom field in view screen of the issue.

I'm trying to figure out if I can have a custom field to display list of issues in Jira 4.4.5.

Thanks,

Pratima

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pratima Gorla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014
0 votes
Pratima Gorla
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2013

Thank you for the reply. I looked into 'Query Issues Custom Fields' plugin before. I realised I dont need groovy here. Also I understood that I need to configure JQL query in the configuration of the custom field, this means that I need to multiple custom fields for different queries.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2013
0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2013

If the list of issues being returned is somehow related to the original issue, then you could just update your script to create links to the issues (if they don't already exist).

You don't need a custom field to accomplish this sort of thing.

Pratima Gorla
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2013

Thank you for the reply. Groovy script is for returning list of issues with summary(or description) containing any keyword present in original issue summary.

We want to have these list to be present in seperate custom field instead of linking.

Suggest an answer