Custom field sort order (backend)

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

Hey,

is there any way to change the sort order of the customs field in in the administrator section? Custom fields in a defined in a field configuration are being sorted alphabetically. In the general custom fields tab, they seem to be sorted alphabetically but as soon as I create a new field or change an existing field it's being displayed at the bottom... Any ideas?

Cheers

Christian

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

A server restart does the trick...

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2012

After I restarted my server (I also re-indexed the fiels after reboot) the fields did show in the correct order.

Cheers Christian

0 votes
MarkW July 9, 2012

I have the same question. When I add custom fields, they are sorted by date modified. So newly created fields will always show at the bottom of the available custom fields and as Christian mentioned, when you update the description of one, it drops it further down the bottom.

These should be sorted alphabetically or at least allow you to sort. So is there anything we can do to sort the available custom fields list?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2012

I mean in general. Those fields I've created. As soon as I update the description or anything regarding a particular field the alphabetical order is ignored an the field is placed at the bottom of the screen.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2012

which custom field are you refering to?

Suggest an answer