Custom field showing up on one screen not the other, even though using the same field configuration

Shreena Patel October 25, 2012

Hi

I'm creating a specific screen for customers to report a bug into our system (anonymous users). I have an issue type scheme with two issue types- bug and improvement. The screens are meant to look identical. So I have one Create Issue Screen with my selected fields including my custom field "email". This email field shows up for the "Bug" issue type but for 'Improvement' it is missing (I see the other fields just not this one). Could you help me please?Does it have something to do with using improvement in a different project with a different looking screen and different configuration? Would apprecaite your support.

Thanks,

Shreena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Is the field available for all issuetypes? Or is it tied to Bugs alone?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Under custom fields it is linked to bug issue type. This must be why. How do i add improvement issue type under available context(s).

I've sorted it :) sorry. Thank you. Just needed to go to edit configuration and select it from there.

Suggest an answer