Custom field question

Rumceisz March 24, 2013

Hi All,

some projects in our Jira use cascading fields. Now they need to create reports based on the custom field values. The disadvantage of the cascading field that it shows its values in one column. E.g.: there is a main category 'Service' and the second level category 'Hardware' and the report will be: 'Service - Hardware'. And we need: Column1=Service and Column2=Hardware.

Is there a plugin with I could substitute the cascading field? I think that custom fieldA is a list field which has its values based on the values of custom fieldB.

Can you please suggest?

Or do you know how to filter cascading field on more educated level?

Thanks in advance,
Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

You might want to capture the cascading select values in to 2 different calculated fields if you want them separate in 2 columns. Easier than removing cascading select and writing another plugin or javascript solution for it.

Rumceisz March 24, 2013

Hi Jobin,

how can we do that? I mean the calculated fields.

Thanks for the hint!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

There are numerous plugins that gives it. For example Scriptrunner. You will have to just right the script to extract the info from cascading select. Give it a search in this forums and you will see lot of examples.

Suggest an answer