Custom field not visible

Kota Sreenivasa Shravana Kumar December 20, 2015

At the time of creating an issue in JIRA, I see a field called "Component/s" in create screen. However, I don't see that field in the list of custom fields.

Am I missing anything ? Thanks !

3 answers

2 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2015

Yes, Components are a built in standard field, not a custom field. By going through the field configuration you can hide this field if you have no use for it.

0 votes
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

You won't see Component/s in the custom fields list.  Component/s is out-of-the-box functionality which can be accessed at the Project level in the Components section (right side, under Versions).  This is where you can setup all the values for the field. 

If you don't wish to see the field on any of your screens, you can update the field configuration.  If you're just wanting to remove it from the create screen, you can do so in screen configuration.

0 votes
John Pfotzer December 21, 2015

Or when you go to create an issue, you can click on the "configure field" button and unclick the components check box. That also, will keep it from showing up on the screen. I hope that helps you out also.

welcome

John

Suggest an answer