Custom field not showing

Petronela-Valentina_Ezaru November 25, 2012

hi,

I have one project with 2 issue types and for each issue type I have a Create Issue screen. I've created some custom fields but the fields that are common for the two issue types, for the two screens don't appear to both of the screens only to one (all others fields appear). What I'm doing wrong?
I've put them to the correct Screen Scheme and to the correct Field Configuration and they appear for both screens when I give them Configure Screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

Ok, you've checked the screens and field configurations, so courl you also check the "context" for the custom fields? On the custom field list, check that they exist for both projects and issue types?

yes they are in the project and and both issue types (and screens)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

Ok, can you check that the users have the fields enabled when they use a create/edit screen?

You were right they were on the project context but not on the issue type context , only to one ...thank you so much

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2012

Hi Petronela,

If you are not using JIRA 5.2 yet please consider installing JIRA Admin Helper plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin

It is free (and already boundled in JIRA 5.2) and very helpful for debugging that kind of issues.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Mirek

Thank you....I'll install it

Suggest an answer