Custom field not showing up on details

Emmanuel Jaep March 6, 2018

Hi,

I just created two new custom fields. Their configuration is identical (contexts, screens, ...) except for 1 point.

The first one is of type URL and the second is of type labels.

Both field appear correctly on the Kanban board, but the second one does not show up on the details of the story.

Is it normal that labels type do not show up? Is there any particular place to look for them?

My initial intent was to be able to put multiple values into one field. I might not have chosen the best option.

Thanks in advance for any help for this newbie question.

1 answer

2 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Make sure that both field are present into:

• field configuration for issue type
  • on view screen assotiated with issue type
Emmanuel Jaep March 6, 2018

I just checked that both fields are associated with the same issue types:

2018-03-07_08-20-00.png

They appear on the same screens:

2018-03-07_08-25-56.png

2018-03-07_08-27-14.png

They show up on the board, but the second one does not show up on the details pane:

2018-03-07_08-14-35.png

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

When there is not value for custom field it is not showed at view screen.

I see that on Kanban there is "None" instead value.

Emmanuel Jaep March 7, 2018

As expected, that my bad :-(

Sorry about that.

The puzzling part was that the 1 field was editable directly on the view screen while the other was simply not showing up.

Is there a way to force the field on the view screen?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

I am afraid that no.

The only option - make this field to be a mandatory one. Since it always have value it always will present on a screen.

Emmanuel Jaep March 7, 2018

Ok. Thank you very much for your time.

Suggest an answer