Custom field not on screen but shown on View issue ?

joshO February 1, 2013

Hello everybody,

Im not sure how to make this but I need a Custom Field that I will update through the workflow but I dont want it visable on any of the screens. Does anybody know if this is possable ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2013

Yes. "Screen schemes" let you tell Jira "use screen 1 for create, screen 2 for edit and screen 3 for view". Make sure that the field does not appear on any screens, and the users will not see it on the issues. You'll also need to make sure it is shown in the "field configurations" and it has the right "context" - when in the list of custom fields, make sure it belongs to the project.

They will still see it in searches and in the issue navigator though.

David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2013

Just to add on to what Nic said here. You then use your transition's post-functions to update the customfield:

Oh, since this is a customfield, you'll also want to ensure you have the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin, which enables updating of customfields via post:

• https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Suggest an answer