Custom field not in the edit field

Deleted user May 17, 2016

Hello, 

I have made a custom field and this is only visible when I create a ticket, in the Edit it is not visible.
With the option Where is My field I get the following:

Project and issue type scope

The field 'fieldname (it is in Dutch so that is why I changed it to filedname fore the ticket)' is not configured in scope of the project 'Onderhoud website domainname' and issue type 'Support request' 
To solve this issue, go to 'Fieldname' configuration page and add it to the scope

I have looked in JIRA and try searching but I can't find the correct solution or I am not so good in JIRA wink
The sites that I have found are:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-fields-or-system-fields-are-not-appearing-on-the-screen-163416168.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-802592604.html

I hope that someone can help me.

With regards,

Martin 

2 answers

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

I agree w/ Joe, the error message does not match the behavior; otherwise, you would not have that field on the create screen either.  I would reindex.  Could be a case of where the UI doesn't match the DB.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2016

The message and your description are confusing. From the description I'd say it is only on the Create screen and it needs to be added to the edit screen also. The error message indicates it isn't configured for that issue type. Are you working with the same issue type in both the create and edit?

Deleted user May 17, 2016

Hello Joe,

Thank you fore the quick reply.

When I create a ticket the custom field is there and I can use it.
Only if I edit an old issue the custom field is not there and I get the error from where is my field. The index has run so everything is updated.

I hope that you can help me.

With regards,

Martin

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2016

JIRA allows different screens for create, edit, and view. I'd start with verifying the field is on the Edit screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events