Custom field modification permissions

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a custom field which can be modified only by certain Jira users and not all?

When i say "Modified" i want something like when any Jira issue created any user should able to select value of that list for the first time and once value has been selected modification can done only by specific User.

Any link / pointer would be of great help.

Regards,

Janaksinh

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You will have to do some dev work for this. i.e. develop a new custom field type.

A workaround might be to allow the custom field on Create screen but not on Edit screen. Editing should only be allowed via workflow transition and you can add any condition there!

This widget could not be displayed.

You can do it using JIRA field security plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfs

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you