Custom field link it to assignee or group picker can this be done

danielm April 23, 2012

I want to take a custom field I have already created and make the assignee or even the group filed automatic based on that selection.

My custom filed is called service area-

I want to have whatever I pick in Service area map directly to a group of users in the assignee field and make them the only available users to select from.

I can't use issues because I only have one issue type, I have had no luck with project roles because I have only one project.

Can this be done map a custom filed to the assignee drop down.

It's jira 4.3

On a crowd server

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

First off, assignee is a singler user field, you cannot have assign to multiple users using assignee field (great feature but not in JIRA 4.4 below - not sure about JIRA5). You could, however, create your own assignee field (in my project we call it 'owners') where it allow multiple users and you can do dashboard/filters.

If I understand your question correctly, you want the 'assignee' field to be base off the selection? In that case, you can either create your own post-function plugin to create this logic, or if you want it quick and easy, do some post-function script using Script Runner plugin (you can search on plugin page).

Hope this help!

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1397 Looks like an old issue that wont be a feature in the future...

Suggest an answer