Custom field is emptied on Create Issue

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2014

Jira v. 5.2.11

I have a custom field that is a version picker. On Create Issue, it accepts values, but when the issue is submitted, the field is then empty. The field can be filled successfully on Edit.

I've checked via Javascript that there are values in the field while the Create form is being filled out, but once the submit happens, the values are gone.

How should I start exploring this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2014

Hi Joe,

please could you check if on your create transition there's a post function that purge this custom field?

Let me know,

Fabio

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

That was precisely the problem. We added a post-function to clean out fields durign cloning.

Suggest an answer