Custom field in JIRA that pulls from database

I'm know I'm looking for a plugin, but I don't know which one. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction...

I need a field in JIRA that will allow users to select a single valid part number. The part numbers are stored in a separate MS SQL database - and there are over 60,000 parts at last count. Ideally, the user would be able to start typing a part number in the field and would see auto-complete suggestions that narrow down as they keep typing (or disappear if there isn't anything that fits).

Do any plugins offer this capability? I saw some that appear to pull from databases, but I wasn't clear on whether they:

1. were up to handling the number of entries I need
  2. had some kind of autocomplete functionality

Both features are very important... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Mizan Community Champion May 30, 2013

Dont know if auto complete is there but you might find the JIRA database values plugin useful ,

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.deblauwe.jira.plugin.database-values-plugin

EDIT : I guess it also has the auto complete feature

Yes, the JIRA Database Values Plugin by Appfire seems like it could be an exact fit. I could install it and see if it works, but I'd prefer it if the plugin author could chime in as to whether or not the number of entries will be a problem...

Just to follow up - yes, it can handle the amount of data I'm putting in. Unfortunately, the autocomplete feature doesn't currently work. It can only be used as a dropdown list... and with the number of entries I have I don't see this as viable. I guess I'll have to try Valiantys' nFeed as soon as it is JIRA 6 ready.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you