Custom field in Issue is visible for certain role

Olga_Popova November 10, 2017

Hello! 

I need that some field in an issue will be visible only for one project role, is it possible to do?

Best regards,

Olga!

2 answers

3 votes
Ethan Foulkes November 14, 2017

Hello Olga,

You can do this using the Power Scripts add-on, which can also do countless other things you will likely want to do with Jira.

Here is a video tutorial walking you through how to hide fields from users not in a specified role.

I hope this helps!

Olga_Popova November 15, 2017

is it possible for Jira-Cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

No, the add-on does not work on Cloud.

It also suffers the same problems that Behaviours in Script Runner does - while it pretends to hide it on view, the data is still available via all sorts of other routes.

Scripted fields are not an option (server or cloud) as the decision on who to show the data to is made too late.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible out of the box. You could make a scripted field using, for example, Adaptivist Scriptrunner or use a behavour. I think behavour is preferable.

Olga_Popova November 10, 2017

спасибо!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Пожалуйста. Лучше behavour использовать. Там даже программировать не надо.

Olga_Popova November 15, 2017

а это возможно для Jira Cloud?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

Нет, для Cloud не получится.

Suggest an answer