Custom field for usernames

Richard Jones December 29, 2014

Hi

I want to add a reviewer custom field to my JIRA setup so that I can try and enforce some code review.

The type I have chosen is

"User Picker (single user)"

However this isnt quite the coponent I want. I want the nice ui friendly user picker you get when assigning a JIRA to a user. WHat is this one called? I couldnt see it in the custom field section.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2014

Hi Richard,

The assignee and reporter fields are system fields, and their behaviour is different than that of the custom fields.

You have chosen the most appropriate custom field available in JIRA out of the box ("User Picker (single user)") for the task you want.

If you believe the User Picker custom field might still be improved, feel free to raise a suggestion on our public issue tracker - https://jira.atlassian.com/.

Sincerely,
Danilo

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2015

Richard,

I use the same one (User Picker) for several custom fields. At the time this is the only option and still feels it fits my companies current needs.

Suggest an answer