Custom field for sprint scope

Ryan Turner June 28, 2016

I might be confused by the "sprint custom fields" but it seems that these still need to be linked to issues.

I am looking for a custom field that has the scope of a sprint and not an individual issue. This would be helpful for an add-on I am developing. I want to use this field to track PTO for a team and use that data to be able to estimate how many story points a team should be able to bring into a sprint.

Does this functionality exist currently or could someone think of another way to accomplish this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

The official feature suggestion is here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-7308

This is partially implemented far as I know, but I think it's far enough for you to use in an add-on. Using the Sprint properties REST endpoint (https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/cloud/#agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/properties) will allow you to store data in key/value form against a Sprint.

0 votes
Manikandan K November 2, 2017

Ryan - Have you got the answer ? I have same requirement to have a custom field at sprint level. I have to track the remaining estimate for a team at each Sprint level and track them for last five sprints. I do not find any option in Jira to create a custom field at Sprint level

0 votes
Ryan Turner June 28, 2016

It wouldn't, I was hoping there was a custom field that did not have to be linked to an issue. I was confused by the "sprint custom field" as its a custom field about the sprint FOR an issue.

I wanted to know if there was such a thing as a custom field for a sprint or if this functionality did not exist.

Gerard Cattin August 21, 2017

I too would like to be able to set searchable, custom fields at the sprint level, not at the issue level. This would help us create queries to filter down the active sprints on the basis of its author, e.g. create a project board with a new filter that would only contain the sprints created by certain scrum masters. We commonly have a dozen or so active sprints, so being able to filter those down to the ones that pertain to a group of scrum master help focus the content and improve productivity.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

I don't understand, how would a Custom Field on an issue have the scope of the Sprint?

Suggest an answer