Custom field does not use default value when project is switched on create issue screen

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

I have a customfield with 2 contexts.

When creating an issue in the popup window, if I change the project, the default value for the customfield that correspond to that project according to the context is not show (shows None). I have to close the popup and open again to see the default value show up correctly.

This is Jira 5.2.

Is this a known bug and has it been fixed in any version?

Thanks in advance,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

I am not aware, nor could find any open bug. You may want to create one at jira.atlassian.com.

A workaround is to pre-populate the project on the create screen with a link that includes ?pid=XXXX

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2014

Just for info. This bug has been reported to Atlassian here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30942

0 votes
Christopher Cannata February 17, 2014

Hello Adolfo, did you by chance create a ticket for this? I have run into the same issue and wanted to be sure I did not submit a duplicate ticket. Thanks!

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2014

As far as I remember this is still a known bug in 6.X and there is an issue opened (don't have the url at hand now).

0 votes
jefflew October 17, 2013

I second this issue. The create issue pop-up will load with pre-configured defaults for whatever project you are currently in. If you change the project in the dropdown, it will not switch to the defaults set to that project. This leaves the user to have to clear the fields manually and then input the data from memory.

Suggest an answer