Custom field disappears from default screen

JS Neveu October 29, 2014

I've added a Multiple User picker custom field to my setup.

When I create a new issue, the field appears and I can set a value to it. However if I leave it empty at creation time, the field does not appear on the isue viewing page and there's no way I can add users to that field since it's not visible. Also, if I were to enter one user at creation time, it would show on the viewing page but once there, if I remove it without adding another one (thus emptying the field), the custom field disappears from the viewing page and it's too late to add another one.

How can I make it so the custom field will show on the viewing page even if it's empty?

I'm an On Demand user.

Thanks

js

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2014

Hello

By default empty fields won't show in the view screen.

For the case that you mentioned, you are probably missing the field in the edit view. That way you could add the value after creating the issue.

0 votes
JS Neveu October 30, 2014

Hello Juan

You solved it for me. smile  It was easy but I had simply not realized that although an empty field does not show on the view screen, if one clicks "edit" it'll show there and I can set it.

Gracias...

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

Good to know it helped! (y)

Suggest an answer