Custom field created to use at the time of close issue will not let user create issue

Chanakya Rachakonda January 31, 2017

Hi,

I've created a custom field "Rate This Fix" and used this field to screen at "workflow" with Mandatory. Anyhow, this field is not available in the create issue screen as I'm using custom issue type screen.

When I try to create an issue, it displays an error "Rate This Fix" is required but this field is not displayed in Create Issue screen. If I add the field to Create Issue screen and want to make it mandatory, it displays mandatory in Create Issue screen too.

I want the field to be displayed only in close issue screen with mandatory set.

Can someone please help me on it?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

To make field mandatory not on creatin screen is possible with validator  "Fields reqared" provided by free JSU plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2017

One additional point - you have missed an important concept in JIRA.  There is no "make field mandatory on screen". 

A field is made mandatory for the issue type (or all types in a project) OR on workflow actions.

Suggest an answer