Custom field contexts causes "this criteria contains invalid values" message on my filter

Jan Evetts June 17, 2014

Hi,

I've got a saved filter that uses a custom field in its criteria, but when I click on my filter I see a red exclamation mark by my custom field and if I hover over the exclamation mark it says, "this criteria contains invalid values".

The custom field is used in seven projects. My users can browse each others projects, but only create issues in their own, except when creating a subtask. I created a different context for my custom field so that when a user creates an issue it defaults to 'a' for one project and 'b' for the next etc... This works great.

But when I save filters using this field I see the message above. And if I click on the criteria there is a long list of repeated exclamation marks by 'a', 'b', 'c' etc... which makes editing the filter very unfriendly.

Can anyone suggest any help? I thought I was applying this context default feature as it was intended (although I have deliberately had to leave one context as Global otherwise users can't filter with that criteria at all), it seems setting these contexts means technically I shouldn't be able to search across my projects with this field.

I guess the question is, is there a better way to set the default value in each project? And avoid this filter problem.

Thanks.

Jan

2 answers

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

What is the type of custom field?

Jan Evetts June 18, 2014

Vijay,

It is a "Select List".

Using the "Multi Select Searcher" template.

Jan

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Jean,

To better help you on it, could you please let me know the whole filter criteria that you're using?

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Jan Evetts June 17, 2014

Henrique,

This is the JQL query.

"Commissioning Edition" = "a" ORDER BY createdDate DESC

Commissioning Edition is the custom field.

It gets changed by JIRA to.

"Commissioning Edition" in ("a", "a", "a", "a", "a", "a", "a", "b") ORDER BY createdDate DESC

If I add another value.

Jan

Jan Evetts June 30, 2014

HI Jean,

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get around this problrm?

Thanks.

Jan

Suggest an answer