Custom field configuration changing for end user on Edit screen

Erica Larson April 28, 2017

I have one user who is a reporting an issue with his field configuration changing on the Edit screen for multiple issues types.  He uses the "Configure Fields" option on the edit screen to set the fields he wants to see.  When he bounces between projects and issue types, it changes his settings for the configure fields on the edit screen.  It seems like it resets to only the fields that are the same for both issue types and removes the fields that differ.  

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?  Or can point me on where to start troubleshooting?

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2017

Hi Erica,

I can reproduce your issue.  But unfortunately, that's the only helpful info I can provide.

I don't know why it works that way nor if there's anything you can do about it.  I've written up a help article, for my users, to show them how to "restore" their view to "normal" for their user profile.  (i.e. Show all fields again.)  That's the only way I've been able to "handle" it.

Maybe someone else will chime in with additional details or maybe an Atlassian support ticket would provide more insight?

Have a good day,

Rachel

Suggest an answer