Custom field added only visible in the issue edit window not the issue summary view

Manju Nambiar May 14, 2012

I have added a free text field to an issue screen. But when I look at the issue screen, I don't see it - instead when i click on edit for the issue, i see the field.

What am I missing? Screenshots attached.

Thanks,

Manju

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

In the issue summary view, Jira doesn’t show fields with empty values. If you edit the issue and put some text into your field, then you should see it in the issue summary view.

0 votes
sheryl mckeown August 22, 2013

Not sure how it affects everything, but you can bulk edit the issue and enter a space. Then it appears on the main screen. Lamish.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Is it possible to display empty custom fields from issue views in jira?

Is there any way?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Unfortunately no :(

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Will the link below work for jira 5.x

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Displaying+Custom+Fields+with+no+value

Is there any custom plugins that can do??

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Most probably it won't, JIRA code is so much changed after that. You can give it a try.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012

Additionally if you have not added this field to the screen associated with 'View Issues' in the Issue Type Screen Scheme, it will not appear.

Suggest an answer