Custom feild not displaying for users unless they re select all feilds in configure

Pbratlien November 6, 2013

Hello all,

I have user base where some of them don't see a new custom feild untill they re select the view all in configure feilds. I was wonder if there is a work around to do this for them in the first place?

thanks in advance for the help

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

Hi Pbratlien,

When clicking on Configure Fields button, you will see there is a Custom link that show all custom fields, just check on the boxes to make them emmerged in future.

Best Regards,

Steven

0 votes
Pbratlien April 7, 2014

Sorry for the delay on the answer basicly our solution was to have the users effected change their fields to all.

0 votes
Erik Saline [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

If you are still having problems try the "Where is my Field" helper, https://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/04/jira-admins-where-is-your-field/.

0 votes
Pbratlien November 17, 2013

we have some users that get configure fields set to all but some users don't have it set to all is there a way to see who has what set?

thanks

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2013

Or make the fields mandatory

Suggest an answer