Custom event missing from post function dropdown

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

I am trying to fire a custom event from a workflow but the event I created isn't in the dropdown on the post function screen. Here's what I did:

1. added a new event called "Issue Ready for QA" 
  2. added a notification to the project's scheme to use the new event
  3. created a draft workflow
  4. selected the transition
  5. opened the post function tab
  6. opened the existing "Fire a Generic Event event" post function for editing

Here's the problem, the event I created in step 1 isn't in the droopdown. I've tried discarding my draft and opening from text and diagram view but it's just not there. What am I missing? 

Thx! 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

It turned out to be a resolution issue. On my laptop, I couldn't see the full list or access it using the arrow keys. On a whim, I checked on a monitor and it was at the bottom of the dropdown. 

Mohit Jayesh Patel August 4, 2017

This helps! I faced the same and was wondering what happened!

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2017

Hi Kathy,

I just gave it a try on our JIRA (Server v7.3.4) and the custom event was simply available as an option. I've tried multiple templates for the event but that didn't change anything.

The documentation (Adding a custom event) does not mention anything about certain events not being available in a post function so I have no idea why it does not appear in your case.

So I would suggest getting in touch with Atlassian Support. Please do come back to us if they gave you the answer as this might help other users in the future as well. :-)

Best,

Maarten

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2017

Thanks, I'm on cloud so that might be different. I was hoping I was just forgetting a step since it's been a little while since I did this but I will put in a support request. 

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2017

I just gave it a try on my Cloud Test Instance and I don't have any issue there either. 

What template did you use for the event? (I used Generic Event as a template)

Best,

Maarten

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2017

I used Issue Updated originally but I switched it to Generic to see if that would help. Sadly, it did not. Hopefully I will hear back from my support ticket soon. 

Jason Berndt November 29, 2017

Hi Kathy, were you ever able to get this resolved? We are having the same issue and it doesn't seem to be a resolution issue.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2017

Changing resolution was what fixed it for me. 

Suggest an answer