Custom event in Jira

kA November 28, 2013

Hi friends,

In custom event i want to add the Escalate Event.

During create the event,For Template field they show list of option. What i want to choose from the option for my new event "Escalate".

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

Karthik,

This template only defines the email template you'll be using.

So for your custom event I would use the Generic Event template in OnDemand.

Then you can define in your notification scheme who needs to be notified when this event is thrown. And you can use it in your workflow post function.

As Nic already said : in OnDemand you can't edit email templates.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

It's a bit more complex than just adding a new line, but it's not painful. See http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+create+a+custom+event+in+JIRA

However, you've said "OnDemand". So you can't do it because you can't amend the code.

kA November 28, 2013

In onDemand jira it is not possible to create the template means then how we can use the custom event to make active.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2013

As I already said. You can't. OnDemand does not let you amend code.

Suggest an answer