Custom event help

Robert Anthony July 22, 2015

I have created a new event "Test Fire", created a new notification scheme and assigned the event to it, assigned this scheme to my group. BUT, I need to know how to "fire" this custom event. In Post functions, the event isn't listed. I am obviously missing a crucial step, but the online instructions are vague on the only part i'm confused about:

1. Navigate to workflow transition post-function screen to be edited. See Configuring Workflow and  Applying Post Functions to Transitionsfor more information.
  2. Update the post function to fire the custom event. - lol wut
  3. Activate or associate the workflow (and scheme) with the appropriate project. See Activating workflow for more information.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

What the docs are trying to get at (and not saying explicitly) is that when you want to fire a new event, you need to edit the workflow. 

All transitions in a workflow have a very standard set of post-functions that JIRA adds automatically, and they can't be deleted.  One of these is "Fire event".  If you've copied the workflow, it is probably set to something sensible.  If you have created a new transition, it will say "fire event: generic event". 

When you are editing a workflow, you should see the "edit" option to the right of that particular post-function, and that will let you change the event to your custom one.

Robert Anthony July 23, 2015

LOL, what a silly way of doing it. I wonder why they wouldn't just add another action that can be added through transitions. Thank you!

Suggest an answer