Custom entity to select from

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi all,

I would like to create a custom entity "customer" with some set of fields (e.g. name, company, address, email, etc..).

On the issue creation screen I need to have such the field customer as dropdown to choose. However if there is no such a customer I need to provide some interface to create it. In the dropdown I need to show the customer as "company - customer name" and let to select it the way as assigning user field is working in jira (autocomplete and select).

Any solutions how I can do that in JIRA? Probably any helpful 3rd-party plugins?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Not something which is possible in vanilla JIRA. This might help you https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2013

Thank you for the answer. I have already looked through that plugin, it can help me somehow if I have a predefined list of customers, and for my situation that is not an option. I'm afraid I have to creaty my own plugin for the needs described above.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

As far as I can see, the only way is custom plugin. Thanks for your answer again.

Suggest an answer