Custom deployment notify issue ready to test.

zarexogre May 21, 2013

I have a custom deployment system built using php which manages the deployment of my websites via ssh. At the moment it builds everytime a commit is pushed to bitbucket ondemand via the web hooks. What i would like to do, if I get all the issue numbers from the commit comments so far, I would like to use jiras api to find out which of these issues have not been tested and then notify the creator that the issues is ready to test. I have built a jira php dashboard to pull in issues and show % complete so I understand a bit about the api. Just looking to get some help on the notify creator of issue and also if there is a simple way to do it? Thanks for any advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

The simplest way to notify the user will be to add a comment on the issue. You can do it using REST or SOAP API, whichever you are using to pull information for % completeness.

Suggest an answer