Custom deployment notify issue ready to test.

I have a custom deployment system built using php which manages the deployment of my websites via ssh. At the moment it builds everytime a commit is pushed to bitbucket ondemand via the web hooks. What i would like to do, if I get all the issue numbers from the commit comments so far, I would like to use jiras api to find out which of these issues have not been tested and then notify the creator that the issues is ready to test. I have built a jira php dashboard to pull in issues and show % complete so I understand a bit about the api. Just looking to get some help on the notify creator of issue and also if there is a simple way to do it? Thanks for any advice.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The simplest way to notify the user will be to add a comment on the issue. You can do it using REST or SOAP API, whichever you are using to pull information for % completeness.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

179 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you