Custom Workflow is not working as expected need help

Kalyani Dronavalli October 30, 2017

Below is the Workflow which I created. As soon I created a issue it goes to Open status and i can't change it to any other status. Please assistimage.png 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Make sure that you have transition issue permission in the permission scheme for the project. 

Thanks this worked

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

I assume "going to open" when created is ok?  (You can change it by changing the transition from the grey circle)

Look at the transitions going out of "open".  Do they have any "conditions" on them?  If they do, check what they say?  Conditions are a way to say "you can only use this transition if <something>", so you need to ensure you meet the rules.  (Conditions are often user based rules like "only someone in role" or "only if assignee")

If you don't have any blocking conditions, then check the project's permission scheme.  Make sure you have the permission "transition issue"

Thank you this worked

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

If you can't change it look for a condition on the transition that restricts who can execute it.  Also, it looks like if you go from open through the enhancement path when it is approved it goes back to open? 

Suggest an answer