Custom Workflow Help

Richard Jones July 22, 2015

Hello All,

I am implementing a custom workflow for EPICs in our company. I have a problem where some of the buttons are showing when I dont think they should. The attachments show this. I have an extra "Resolved" button when I dont see any transition here. Do you know why this is being shown?

In the diagram I have three transitions. One of them is shown correctly. The other two are not shown because they are dependent on other field. I do not have anywhere a transition to "Resolve Issue". I have prefixed my transitions with >> and << so that I can clearly see them and this "Resolve Issue" one doesnt have this so I think it might be added automatically.

I have also checked on the diagram view of the transitions and cannot see any link to Resolve.

Can anyone give me some help/advice?

Thanks

RandomButton.png

Edit

After answer from Nic I checked and there is not All button going to the RESOLVED state. Attached is a image of this part of the diagram

Resolved.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Richard Jones July 23, 2015

Ok I have got this smile Problem is that for some buttons they are using the i18n.titles which were pointing at the different titles. For others it wasnt. I think the problem here is that the random RESOLVED button I was seeing was in fact not a resolved button. It just had the i18n title of the resolved button. Clicking on it would take me to a state other than resolved. All good now I found that

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] thanks for the tip about the weighting. this will help as well!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2015

Oh, well spotted. I've learned something new today as well. (I can go home now, right? ;-) )

alos found on the weighting that it is opsbar-sequence with a - and not a . to get weighting correct. My worfklow is coming together :) Thanks @a display name

yep go home and rest ;) thanks for your help

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

I'm not sure why you're relating the list of transitions to the order they appear, but it's an incorrect assumption.  That is determined by "weight", and if that weight is left blank, JIRA just uses the ID.  If you click on a transition and then find its "properties", you can add a weight as a property, by saying opsbar.sequence <number>.  The higher the number, the lower it will appear in the menu

As for the resolve transition, go back to the diagram, it's a lot easier.  Look at the "resolved" status, I expect you'll find a box next to it saying "all" and with a transition from there to "resolved".  That's a global transition, usable from everywhere.

Richard Jones July 22, 2015

thanks for the answer Nic. I wil update the question. There is no ALL box present unfortunately

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2015

Ok, this is quite odd. I assume when you say there is no "all box" in the diagram, you've checked the whole diagram, not just the resolve status. If that's true, then my next thought is that you must be looking at the wrong workflow for that issue!

Suggest an answer