Custom Script Listener to parse out data from a custom field to 3 different custom fields

Beth Starr October 25, 2017

I am working on an issue where I have a custom text field that contains text and dates and I need to parse the information out into 3 different fields whenever the field is updated. 

Use Case:

Using an add on called User Profile for Jira to bring over data from AD to the user profile in Jira.  Custom user profile fields have been created and mapped to the AD fields.  One of these fields is a text field that contains text and 2 dates that are comma separated.  I need to parse this information out into 3 different fields whenever the field is updated. The obvious of creating the 3 different fields in AD and bringing them over as separate fields is not an option, so I am looking for a custom script listener to do the job but I have no idea on how to attempt it and am looking for some assistance.

One thing to note is that this custom field is not on an issue in Jira and only displays on the user profile (public profile). It is configured to display on hover to display user profile information of the assignee.

0 answers

Suggest an answer