Custom Report?

Deleted user August 12, 2017

I need  a detailed report that list the Issue details including the Issue Date, Created By, Assigned To, etc., and Issue Detail fields, Description and Comments.  I don't see this as a standard report and the custom report data points do fit this format that I can see.  Can anyone help me?  I need to get a report out this weekend to all department heads that show their open issues for their departments. I am new to JIRA and hope to go to training next month, in the meanwhile I'm accessing on line help and I can't find what I need.  I appreciate any help. If I can even export to Excel that would be fine too.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 15, 2017

thank  you Walter, I think I'm on the right track now.  I appreciate your time.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2017

Hi @[deleted],

This is just a list of issues matching certain criteria. All you need to do is go to the issue navigator (Issues - Search for issues), filter out the list of issues you need for each department (see Atlassian documentation for more background) and save your filters so you can reuse them later, when you need to rerun your reports.

You can share the filters with your department heads, create dashboards for them (good starting point in the documentation is here) displaying the information, export the data and so on.

Deleted user August 14, 2017

Thank you Walter for taking the time to help me.   I searched on "export" and did not find a way to export detailed information in any format. I will look at an existing dashboard again. If I did find an export it was in list format not detail.  - at this point I do not need a dashboard for management, I need a hard copy report or at the very least an export of the issues detail. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Hi @[deleted],

Indeed, exporting a dashboard is not something you can do out of the box. But you can export a list of issues from the issue navigator.

The included screenshot is from a JIRA Cloud instance, but you should be able to find export options more or less in the same area in your instance too:

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 19.26.00.png

Deleted user August 15, 2017

Thank you Walter, I think I'm on the right track now.  I appreciate your time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events